Thursday, August 4, 2011

Summer Fun

I work in an all year school program so I wanted to make Art during the summer time something fun and different. For summer I came up with the idea of doing string art. I came across some wonderful free templates with directions from websites such as String Art Fun, tlc yarn art, and some of the string art students created their own designs! I had the students pick of create their patterns and then paint their wooden boards with their color of choice. Then during the next class they hammered away with one inch nails making sure the nails didn't go through the wood. After their pattern was nailed they then using embroidery thread to string their art. The students were so proud of their work and many were asking me if they could do more projects like this.




3 comments:

  1. Oh, wow - they look fantastic!! Thanks for sharing.
    Mel xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep wanting to do this one, but not sure how I would tolerate the noise. [Doing the leather journals almost killed me!] I'll consider it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol ya it def was noisy! but the kids loved it so much it was worth it

    ReplyDelete