Thursday, August 4, 2011

Camouflage hands

This next project was a way for my students to use their bodies to create beautiful art. I found this lesson plan on the art classroom and was blown away at how creative the students were and how great the results were. I had the students choose their patten of choice and they they sketched it on thick watercolor paper and used acrylic paints to paint the whole pattern. Then during the next class they used their non dominant hand and placed it on a portion of their picture and painted their hand to camouflage with the picture. The kids loved the fact they were able to get paint on their hands and get messy ... hey that's what art is all about!






3 comments:

  1. What a great lesson. I will have to put this one away for later. Very nice! I will be sure to put you on my blog roll!

    MiniMatisse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, that is pretty cool. I saw the camouflage man in an email once, but never thought to do it in class. Nice idea!

    ReplyDelete