Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My first art lesson

Hello bloggers! I am currently a new teacher and teach special education students ages 13-20 years old. I have started a new job and they had asked me to be THE ART teacher... I put emphasis on this because this has to be one of the most meaningful subjects students can take. I have no background education in art so I was very apprehensive in how I would be able to tackle this and take on the role as THE ART teacher lol.


Well it's been 6 months and so far I have been fortunate enough to have discovered the wonderful blogs of so many great and dedicated art teachers in the world of blogs! There is a wealth of information out there on the internet and it has been great learning and teaching my students. The first art lesson which I felt comfortable and at ease to introduce to my students was Kandinsky's Circles

which I found on the site Lines, Dots, and Doodles. My students used watercolors and pastels and they felt very comfortable and confident with their results. Here is a sample work of one of my students

                                            

1 comment:

  1. Kandinsky works well, because of the colours! Children love color!

    My girls tend to go towards pink all the time! I try persuade them to use other colors too sometime ...

    Greetings from Ilse at
    http://artlessonsfrombelgium.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete